This card takes what’s best about the United Explorer and ups the ante, with better day-of-travel perks, a higher sign-up bonus, and an annual fee that’s still reasonable thanks to its $125 annual United purchase credit. (Partner offer)
At a glance
- 3X Earn 3x miles on United® purchases
- 2X Earn 2x miles on dining including eligible delivery services, select streaming services, and all other travel
- 1X 1X on all other purchases.
The United Quest Card is an excellent choice for folks who already fly United frequently, but can still take advantage of benefits like a first and second checked bag free on flights, priority boarding and a 25% discount on inflight food, drink and Wi-Fi purchases. The card’s annual $125 United purchase credit makes up for half its annual fee, and you can save on award flight redemptions, too, thanks to two 5,000-mile anniversary award flight credits when you redeem for flights on United or United Express.
- Enjoy a $125 annual United purchase credit
- Earn 3 miles per dollar on United purchases and 2 miles per dollar on a variety of other categories
- Get a first and second checked bag free for the cardholder and a companion
- Get up to two 5,000-mile anniversary award flight credits after you take United award flights booked with your miles
- Priority boarding on United- and United Express-operated flights
- 25% off eligible inflight purchases
- Day-of-travel perks limited to United and some partner flights
- Other United cards have higher earning rates on some purchases
- You might get more use from transferable points instead of United miles
Who is this card good for?
Flyers who want to double down on their United loyalty will find plenty to like in the United Quest card. The card has a higher sign-up bonus and everyday earning rates on purchases than United’s other personal cards. Carrying of it also improves your day-of-travel experience with free checked bags and priority boarding (not to mention a Global Entry or TSA PreCheck application fee refund worth up to $100 once every four years). It also helps you save on United purchases with up to $125 in statement credits each year, and if you redeem miles for flights on the airline, you can get up to 10,000 of them back each year.
The United Quest earns 3x miles on United purchases immediately after earning your $125 annual United purchase credit. It also accrues 2x on all other travel, on dining including eligible delivery services and on select streaming services. It earns 1x on all other purchases.